posted August 21, 2012
JUNE 19-21, 2012 — THE AEROSPACE CORPORATION, EL SEGUNDO, CALIF.
The workshop objective is to establish a forum to discuss the best approaches for designing, modeling, analyzing, and testing modern space systems for acoustic, vibration, and shock environments.
Presentations not linked are not available. All documents are posted with permission.
Tuesday, June 19
- Welcome – Portia Jackson, The Aerospace Corporation
- Keynote Address– Dynamics Engineering: A Call to Serve – Tom Irvine, Dynamic Concepts, Inc.
- An Alternate Damage Potential Method for Enveloping Nonstationary Random Vibration – Tom Irvine, Dynamic Concepts, Inc.
- Test Tailoring Methodology for Equipment Qualification – Etienne Cavro, Intespace
- ECSS Handbook for Spacecraft Mechanical Loads Analysis – Adriano Calvi, European Space Agency
- Determining System Responses using Uncoupled Transfer Functions and Advantages using Response Matching Methods – Andrew Smith and Robert Davis, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center; Bruce La Verde, ERC; Clay Fulcher, Jon Band, Doug Jones, and James Waldon, Jacobs Engineering
- Reporting Recommended Patch Density from Vehicle Panel Vibration Convergence Studies using Both DAF and TBL Fits of the Spatial Correlation Function – Andrew Smith and Robert Davis, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center; Bruce LaVerde, ERC; Jon Band and Doug Jones, Jacobs Engineering
- Full Spacecraft Boundary Element Analysis – Paul Blelloch, ATA Engineering; Marcos Franceschini and Martin Arregui, INVAP
- Solving Large Boundary Element Models using Cloud Computing – Sascha Merz and Tiego de Campos Macarios, ESI US R&D
- Explicit Finite Element Modeling of Ordnance-Induced Pyrotechnic Shock Testing – Logan McLeod and Santina Tatum, National Technical Systems
- Managing Vibro-Acoustic Uncertainty Margins When using Modeling to Define Maximum Expected Environments – Matt Kaplan, ATA Engineering Inc., and Paul Bremner, Sonelite Inc.
- GMA Mass Attenuation/Force Limiting – Arya Majed and Ed Henkel, Applied Structural Dynamics, Inc.; Ali Kolaini, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- New Approaches in Force-Limited Vibration Testing of Flight Hardware – Ali Kolaini and Dennis Kern, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Mid-High Frequency Vibro-Acoustic Modeling and Correlation of Orion Ground Test Article – Indranil Dandaroy, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- Correlating Attenuation of Vibro-Acoustic Response to a System Damping Schedule using Ground Test Measurements, the Finite Element Method, and the DampID Optimization Tool – Andrew Smith and Robert Davis, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center; Bruce LaVerne, ERC; Clay Fulcher, Doug Jones, and James Waldon, Jacobs Engineering
Wednesday, June 20
- Ignition Overpressure of Orion Launch Abort System – Sasan Armand, NASA Langley Research Center
- In-Flight Abort Separation Dynamics – Isam Yunis, NASA Langley Research Center
- Measuring Net CG Acceleration – Paul Blelloch, ATA Engineering; Marcos Franceschini and Martin Arregui, INVAP
- “Static Equivalent” Structural Design Loads Due to Random Vibration Environments – J. Brent Knight, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Modal MAC Launch Loads for SMAP Structural Design – Walter Tsuha and Chia-Yen Peng, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Development of MSL Rover Loads by ADAMS Skycrane Simulations – Chia-Yen Peng, Mike Lih, and Gary Ortiz, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Dynamic Modeling of the SMAP Rotating Flexible Antenna – Reza Nayeri, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Low Density Supersonic Decelerator Design Verification Test Dynamics: Damping Assessment and Vibration Mitigation – Michael Contreras, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Utilization of FEM Sensitivity Vectors for Measured Mode Expansion – Robert Coppolino, Measurement Analysis Corporation
- Assessment of Base Drive Analysis and Test for Complex Systems – Ryan Tuttle and Jeffrey Lollock, The Aerospace Corporation
- Damped Metallic SoftRide Isolators for Spacecraft Components – Paul Wilke, Conor Johnson, John Howat, and Kevin Noble, Moog CSA
- CoNNeCT Antenna Positioning System Dynamic Simulator Model Correlation – Trevor Jones, Mark McNelis, Lucas Staab, James Akers, and Vicente Suarez, NASA Glenn Research Center
- Orion MPCV Service Module Avionics Ring Pallet Testing, Correlation, and Analysis – Lucas Staab, James Akers, Vicente Suarez, and Trevor Jones, NASA Glenn Research Center
Thursday, June 21
- Design, Build, and Calibration of an Acoustic Impedance Tube Testbed – Benjamin Doty and Ali Kolaini, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Further Developments Using MIMO Acoustic Control for DFAT – Paul Larkin, MSI
- Reverberant Acoustic Testing and Direct Field AcousticTesting: Acoustic Standing Waves and Their Impact on Structural Responses – Ali Kolaini, Benjamin Doty, and Zensheu Chang, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Investigation of Direct Field Acoustic Testing with BEM – Vincent Cotoni and Bryce Gardner, ESI; Ali Kolaini, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Turbo-Machinery Duct Vibration Induced by Internal Vortex Flow – Johnson C. Wang and William W. Wang, The Aerospace Corporation