Aerospace Benefits: Explore Your Options!
At The Aerospace Corporation, we consider our employees our greatest asset and believe in ensuring they receive a first-rate, competitive benefits package, including:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- We offer industry-leading medical coverage with a number of options.
- We also offer vision care, dental care, and more, including short-term and long-term disability leave, life insurance, dependent and healthcare flexible spending accounts, and office ergonomics support.
Leading health and wellness care
- Our 24-hour nurse line allows you to receive useful, easy-to-understand information 24/7 to help you make sound healthcare decisions.
- Aerospace has free on-campus wellness events for you to take advantage of. Our many wellness programs include a walking club, weekly organic vegetable delivery, and the privilege of using the Los Angeles Air Force Base gym adjacent to our corporate headquarters.
- Most of our full-time employees have the option of working a 9/80, an alternating Friday-off schedule.
Training, development, and recognition
- In addition to tuition reimbursement for approved work-related courses, we offer internal resources such as technical, management, and professional development classes. We also have our own library.
- Both our Aerospace Mentoring Initiative and Early Career Development Network Program provide opportunities for on-the-job development by connecting you with co-workers for mutually beneficial work relationships.
- Aerospace has eight different affinity groups to choose from that give you a chance to connect with others of similar backgrounds and/or interests. Members have the opportunity to serve on committees and in leadership roles where they may benefit from mentoring, new opportunities, leadership development, and valuable networking while working together to sponsor and support professional development, community outreach, diversity recruitment, and cultural awareness initiatives. All employees are welcome to join any of the Aerospace affinity groups.
- Aerospace offers many retirement benefits, including an employer-paid 401(a) savings account with immediate vesting; an employer-sponsored, defined-benefit pension plan; a supplemental savings 403(b) plan that allows you to contribute on a pre-tax or Roth after-tax basis; and a retiree medical plan.
- Financial planning tools and one-on-one investment counseling are also available.
- We offer paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Commuter services and rideshare programs
- Aerospace offers the convenience of participating in a cycling, vanpool, or rideshare program with co-workers who live near you.
On-campus cafes and dining
- Our Chantilly, Virginia, and El Segundo, California, campuses have cafes and espresso stands for convenient and delicious meals and snacks. Our El Segundo campus also has cafeterias and a common area, where you can meet with co-workers while dining.
- Aerospace offers a selection of social clubs—from dragon boat racing to book clubs—for you to participate in and get to know your coworkers away from the office. If you don’t see one for a particular interest, we welcome you to start one!
On-campus seminars and activities
- Aerospace believes in continuing learning and offers a number of workshops and lunchtime seminars for all who are interested. Choose from our wide and varied topics, including leadership cafes, personal development seminars, financial planning, and technical seminars.
- As an Aerospace employee, you are welcome to take advantage of dozens of local and nationwide lifestyle discounts for restaurants, travel destinations, spa services, pet care, and car repair. Our employees also get access to special offers and discounts for technology, arts, entertainment, and sporting events.