Civil and Commercial Expertise
The expertise that The Aerospace Corporation offers to civil and commercial customers is provided by the same experts who support DOD and Intelligence Community customers. The emphasis is sometimes different to adapt to the needs of customer programs and budgets, and that variability enhances our expertise for all customers and applications.
Below we offer some samplings of the range of expertise we provide to these customers.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING | Aerospace executes a complete enterprise systems engineering process for all of the programs and projects it is tasked to manage. As a result of our work:
- Overall mission success is maintained
- Problem areas are identified early
- Independent assessment and validation provides improved performance and reduced cost of programs
CONCEPT DESIGN AND ADVANCED STUDIES | Aerospace provides advanced studies and assessments of spacecraft and launch vehicles.
- Dynamic, real-time environment for concept development
- Multidisciplinary teams: system architecture, spacecraft, payload, launch vehicles, and ground systems
- Direct ongoing concurrent engineering capabilities development support
TECHNOLOGY PLANNING AND ROADMAPPING | Aerospace shepherds the process of successful technology transition.
- Typically only a small percentage of technology development is fielded
- It is a challenge to look across the enterprise to maximize the utilization of scarce science and technology resources
TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENTS | Aerospace’s charter as an independent unbiased company places the corporation in a privileged position to provide objective technical evaluation across the industrial base.
- Technology cost effectiveness
- Technology investment strategy evaluation
- Technology readiness assessments
- Independent expert review throughout the life cycle of the project
PROPOSAL EVALUATION | Aerospace provides independent proposal evaluation and assessment.
- Technical, management and cost, and other program factors evaluation support
- Cost, instrument, and specialized technical evaluation
PROGRAMMATIC SUPPORT | Aerospace supports independent program assessments, providing the necessary information and analysis to support critical program decisions.